Monday, September 3, 2007

Are You Ready?


Are you ready? That's right, are you ready? College football season is here! We don't have any pro teams here in out town. We don't have any sporting events really, except for college sports. And, nothing is more exciting in this state than college football. Just like some of you are somewhat obsessed MLBA (e.g. Red Sox), this state and I are obsessed with college football. My son's first birthday is in October, and I will have to plan his party around football games. As crazy as it may sound, I will probably never be able to have his party on a day when OU has a home game. Sad, but true.


With this being said, my Sooners opened up a can of whoop ass on North Texas yesterday. (Did I just say "whoop ass"? See? This is how crazy college football makes me) I'll save you from the details, but let's just say OU was pretty much unstoppable. OK, so North Texas is a bit weak. But, it felt good yesterday. We play Miami next week, so I'm sure the score won't be as lop-sided. Unlike North Texas, Miami apparently has players who can throw, pass, run and tackle. Just a rumor though.
Here's to a great fall football season everyone!! Boomer Sooner!

9 comments:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

That poor UNT coach. He's brand new, from Southlake H.S. where I don't think his team has lost a game in YEARS, as evidenced by their #1 in the nation status almost every year it seems. That was his debut at UNT. Poor guy!

tommie said...

Go Sooners! I dread the OU-TX game, our neighbors are crazy! I was so sad the first time we moved out of OK. I sold my season tickets...only to move back there in three years....Then I couldn't get tickets! By the time our name came up on the waiting list, we were moving again.

I went to school there during the Barry years...such good memories.

Libby said...

Oh man, was that Appalachian State/Michigan game wild or what?!?!

Sisters with Style said...

Libby: That game was wild! Maybe Michigan was a tad bit over confident.....

Kimba said...

The Big 10 is huge in my household. It is split Wisconsin and Michigan, it's a big season for me!!! GO BIG RED!

Anonymous said...

College football is the best. My husband went to Florida, so all things Gator reign supreme at our house.

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

My school is Maryland and they are never any good- so I have been more of a basketball fan-

I have however gotten really into the whole thing living in the mid-west because it is everywhere- even the bars fly flags outside of what team is supported there-

my mom went to OSU- but I just think those fans are too into themselves- so really dont have a team to root for.

enjoy the season and look forward to hearing the plans for the birthday party- that I am into!!!!

k e r r y said...

no - not ready!!

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud...OU was ranked #5 in the pre-season AP poll and, ummmm, UNT? Oh yeah, NOT ranked because they're NOT good so congrats on your team being unstoppable.