Tuesday, June 3, 2008

8-Year Old Swallows 30 Magnets and Steel Balls

It is amazing that this little girl is still alive. Apparently she swallowed 10 magnets and 20 steel balls. The parts came from her Magnetix set. The doctors told her family that it looked like there were 8 gunshot or holes from a stabbing in her intestines.

I'm sure many of you have Magnetix in your home, as do we, I just never thought I had to worry about my older children swallowing the parts. I have heard of very young children dying from swallowing Magnetix so we always made sure to pick up the parts before our 2 year old came into the room. You can read the whole story here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! That is so scary. It is truly amazing that she survived it. It's so sad to hear about the numerous children who have done the same thing. I just spoke with a physician who said he treated a patient who had MERCURY leaking from her Wii system!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! That is so scary. It is truly amazing that she survived it. It's so sad to hear about the numerous children who have done the same thing. I just spoke with a physician who said he treated a patient who had MERCURY leaking from her Wii system!

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

Your back too! So happy to see you in my email!

Hope all is well- looking forward to catching up more soon.

xx Anne

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

I can't believe it. My son loves those! I can't believe an 8 year old swallowed them!!!!!!!!
CRAZY!

Mommy In Pink said...

Holy Crap..I'm so glad I read this...how scary!

Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I over precise post. Especially the title attracted me to review the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.