Friday, August 3, 2007

Home Alone

This weekend the kids and I are home alone thanks to Big H going to Washington D.C.---for pleasure! That's right, he's there acting as somewhat of a tour guide for my father and brother-in-law (S#1's husband). Big H clerked in D.C. for a couple of summers. My father is quite a history buff and has never been to D.C. I know he is in heaven there. Plus, he is also a hug St. Louis Cardinals fan, so the boys are going to a couple of games against the Nationals. They went to Capital Grill last night and Big H said it was one of the best meals he has ever had! Just got off the phone with Big H and they were at the Library of Congress.

I, on the other hand, put the kids to bed and paid bills. Not exciting. At all. The kids are on the verge of driving me crazy (so far they have been somewhat good) and Big H does not return until Sunday. Let's hope I can make it until then without having to drop off and leave the kids' in Wal-Mart's parking lot. I will say, however, that my alone time at night has been great! I can do whatever the hell I want! I do find it hard to sleep at night though b/c I hear EVERY noise. I guess having Big H by my side at night is security for me. Well, we are off to go play outside. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Kimba said...

I hear that, the house gets a lot bigger when they're away!

tommie said...

every time the husband leaves for something I find that if I shove a pillow under the covers with me, I can snuggle my back up next to it...it fools me for a bit to get to sleep.

Find somehting to do and keep busy.

k e r r y said...

I don't mind a night or two single either... it's nice to just do whatever!

Head Hen said...

How did it go? Are you still surviving? :)

BTW, check out my shoe deal today...you so deserve a prize for going it alone!

SuburbanMom said...

My husband works late a lot and I have to say I quite enjoy quiet evenings sometimes!