Friday, August 10, 2007

Lap Top Lunch Boxes


With the first day of school right around the corner, I know a lot of you out there are tired of deciding what to fix your little one's for lunch, or are just tired of figuring out what to take for lunch when you go to work. I found this great produt that is not only evivronmentally friendly, but it comes with a handy book on different ideas for lunches. It's called Lap Top Lunches and it was created by two moms who wanted to cut down on waste that was created whenever they packed their kids' lunch. The boxes are based on Japanese bento boxes with reusable compartments for everthing that you can think of packing! The outer contaner serves as a cover for the whole unit with small lids to keep small dips or liquids safe!
Update: Lap Top Lunches is offering a 5% discount on their product. Just enter the code FV806.

8 comments:

tulipmom said...

This is such a great idea! Now if I can just convince Sweet Boy to abandon his Thomas lunchbox from last year ...

Perfectly Plump Preppy 2.0 said...

This is an awesome idea. I am going to share with all the Mommy's I know.

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

what a cute idea!! Now why didnt I think of that? :-)

Thanks for always coming on my blog and being interested in Jack! You're too sweet.

tommie said...

I pack lunches like this now. At the kids' preschool we have to do a fruit, veggie, carb and portein every day. We cannot send prepacked things like yogurt and applesauce. It was a pain until I found these. You can use foil cupcake liners to seperate foods in the bigger compartments. Also the paper liners are good for absorbing any bit of moisture like from baby carrots.

tommie said...

I just awarded y'all the "Nice Matters" award......

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Such a great idea!

Libby said...

Brilliant! I'm going to get a box for D. to take to school with him. :)

jessica k said...

hi, your younger sister here. (i know you're excited i am reading the blog)

here is a cookbook/website that has recipes for boxes like that... but, they're vegan recipes. still, might be useful somehow/to someone.

http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

xo