Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happy 31st!


Well, today is my 31st birthday, and let me tell you that I really don't feel that much different, nor is my day any different from any other. I woke this morning to a crying baby and a crabby 3 year old--really, my morning every day. I also have a fun filled day of cleaning the bathrooms ahead of me, seeing that my housekeeper no-showed my yesterday. Arghh! But, I am going to do some birthday shopping today with my parents, so I can pick out a gift. I never know what to ask for--any must haves I need for spring???? Tomorrow night Big H and I will be going out to dinner--without the kids--so I am looking forward to that.
I talked to a friend earlier this morning who turned 35 this year. She said she was excited because she's closer to 40. I asked why she would be EXCITED about turning 40 and she explained that she will be wiser, smarter and more sure of herself, so unlike how she felt when she was 25. She said she's always wondered how her life would be at 40. And you know, I have to agree with her. I remember myself at 25 and although life was easier, with no kids and all, my life is much more fulfilling now. There is no way I would want to go back to 25. So, my friend is right, I am definitely looking forward to my years ahead of me, maybe not turning 40 per se, but the fact that I'll be more mature and wiser, well, that's something to celebrate right?

14 comments:

Libby said...

Wisdom and maturity sure are things to celebrate! Happy Birthday!

Sisters with Style said...

Happy Birthday Sis!!!! I hope your day is everything you want it to be.

J said...

Happy birthday!

Head Hen said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! You are such a lucky thing to have babies you love, a happy life and a lovely home to clean. I wish you many more blessings in your 31st year!

Have a Happy Day!

tulipmom said...

Here's to a great birthday today and a wonderful evening tomorrow.

Sisters with Style said...

Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone!231

k e r r y said...

Happy Birthday to you my fellow aries (right?)! I'll be 37 April 19

a. said...

Happy Birthday!

I turn 36 in three weeks!

Sisters with Style said...

You are right. I am an Aries...

CG said...

Happy Birthday! I'm late reading this but it is still your b-day where I live :-)

Allie_in_Ga said...

Happy B-day! My big 31-Flavors is coming up in August. Wishing you a wonderful year!

Anonymous said...

Another Spring bday girl, Happy Bday!!!

MMM said...

Happy Birthday (day late)! I hope you have a great no kids night tonight!

MMM said...

Happy Birthday (day late)! I hope you have a great no kids night tonight!