Sunday, January 28, 2007

YO! My Son Raps!


Last night was Little J's (my oldest son) 3rd birthday party at a gymnastics center. There were 14 children there all under the age of 3 (minus his two older cousins), and despite all the chaos, it was a success...I think. For party favors I made CD's of Little J's favorite music. I ordered lables from http://www.clarkstationary.com to put on the CD case and I think they turned out really cute.


I might add that his favorite songs are not from your everyday children's collection. His taste is kind of eclectic. Some of the songs on the CD include: "We Will Rock You", "Billie Jean" and "Since U Been Gone"--the kid's taste cuts a wide path as you can see. Unfortunately for me, his favorite music is rap, which doesn't exactly play well in southwest surburbia (I recognize there are many who like rap, I'm just not one of them --remember, we're 'Sisters With Style" not "Sisters With Soul"). Yes, so I'm not in to rap, but Little J really digs it. His aunt made us a rap CD and he we have to listen to it every time we get in the car--it's starting to get really annoying. One of his favorite songs on the CD from his aunt, is "Drop it Like It's Hot" (edited of course). We have to listen to that one loud and I'm totally embarassed when we pull up to his school with that song blaring in our car.


Love,


S2

No comments: