Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Nice Holes




I have two holes in my house right now, yeah, that's right, two holes. Due to a "leaky shower valve", I have one gigantic hole in my dining room ceiling and another smaller hole in Little N's room. Oh, the joy of owning an older home!! Everytime I walk into the dining room I feel like the hole is going to suck me in. It all started Sunday night when I hear a strage sound, like someone opening a wrapper. I think it's my husband trying to open a piece of candy, when I realize that he has been trying to open the candy for far too long. So, I walk into the dining room and see that it's actually "raining" right onto my hard wood floor. Nice. Little J is up stairs showering (he won't take baths), so I run up there and tell Big H to turn off the water b/c we have an emergency downstairs. So, now I' m left with two freaking big holes in my house. I think I'm taking all of this pretty well, considering that we just had Little N's room re-done about 2 months before he was born. Oh, well, whatta ya gonna to do?




S#2

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi, I just found your blog. I had the same thing happen to me. My shower leak went down through the ceiling and into my dining room. I heard a noise and I walked into my dining room and saw dark spots in the carpeting as I got down to look closer I felt something drop on my head. When I looked up at the ceiling I couldn't believe my eyes! Panic...run up stairs...yell at daughter to turn of the shower..grab towels..not fun!

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

We just finished patching our hole up so I am right there with you.
I learned an important lesson, if you have an water overflow problem, poke holes in the ceiling so water can escape and so that the entire ceiling doesn't fall in. Plaster walls I guess are heavy. All I can say...what a mess.