Thursday, February 1, 2007

4 AM Witching Hour

Little N insists on waking up at 4:00 am every damn night. For a while there he was from 11:00 pm until 6:00 or so. But now, he likes to wake at 4:00 am. It's driving me crazy and I can't take it anymore. So, I've been letting him cry it now for about a week now. I know that this may sound mean, but I don't want the 4:00 am waking to be a habit. Here's how my nights usually go.
--I went to sleep at 9:30
--Big H wakes Little N up at 11:00 to feed him
--I'm awakened at 4:00 by you-know-who
--he wimpers until 4:25
--at last, I can now go back to sleep. (think again)
--Big H is snoring and/or breathing loud. I can't take it!
--I lie (or is it "lay", who cares.) for another 35 mintues because I hear Big H's watch beep at 5:00am.
--I drift in and out of sleep b/c Big H's unbelievable snoring is waking me
--I wake up at 6:30 to Little N.
--I feed him
--I put him back to bed
--I go back to bed
--Littl J calls out for me.
--I go into Little J's room and cover him up.
--go back into my room and wake Big H up so he can make his flight to Houston--business trip.

so, basically, if I could just get over the 4:00 hump, I'd be in business. The above scenario has been going on for about 2 weeks. Will I ever sleep past 4:00 again???? I feel a little manic-depressive today.....

1 comment:

k e r r y said...

I got your comment about my post about the snoring - it must have been the night for snoring! Funny - the other night I was in our office and I could hear my husband snoring from upstairs! ugh. Thank goodness for ear plugs!!