Monday, February 5, 2007

How Would You Go On?

Today has been such a hard day for me. You see, one of my friends lost her husband today. Early this morning he was involved in a car crash that killed him and one other person in another car. They have two small children that do not understand exactly what has happened to their beautiful little family. She is holding up amazingly well. I must say better than I would under this unfortunate circumstances.

It seems just when you think it is hard with a sick child, a jerky husband, or life just not going your way. You watch somebody like my friend handle something so tragic so well and with such grace. I just puts so much into perspective and it makes you realize that life is short and one needs to enjoy each day to the very fullest. Who knows we may not be here tomorrow.

S#1

3 comments:

k e r r y said...

I just read your post - how devastating for your friend. I don't know how I would survive. The worst would be explaining it to my children. Seeing them hurt would be so painful.

Sisters with Style said...

This is so true. Her oldest is only four and she said to one of my other friends, "Did you know my daddy is an angel now"? It is just so devastating because she so doesn't understand the permanence of it all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
So sad to hear about your friend. I am seperated from my son's father and can't (nor do I want) to imagine having to go through this and having to explain it to our son.