Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Tubes

We found out today that my little bug #3 is getting tubes in his ears next week. Which is such a good thing. Since Oct. he has had an ear infection 1-2 times each month. Which means he has been on an antibiotic each of those times too. I think that he has been to the Dr. more in his short little 17 months of life than my other two kids combined. You may say"I bet he is such a fussy baby with his ears and his allergies etc., etc.". I must say he is an incrediably happy baby. He has such a unique quality to him that I am unable to put my finger on right now, but one day I will know. Sister #3 believes that God has very important things for him in his future.

Luckily the Dr. performing the surgery is a good friend to our family. So he is somebody we trust and adore. Funny as this may sound I am kinda of looking forward to the surgery. Excited that he won't feel pressure in his ears anymore and that he will be able to hear normally,instead of hearing like he is under water all the time. Right now he only says maybe 2-3 words. Which breaks my heart seeing that my oldest was having a conversation with me by this time. I know I know he is the 3rd and sometimes they talk later, but I have to think that a little bit of his delay in speech is due to his ears. Our Dr. did say that his speech will change dramatically after his tubes are in place. How exciting is that. I'll keep you informed on the outcome.

S#1

1 comment:

Sarahviz said...

To the Sis who e-mailed me about whether fiber will make a potty-training tot poop...the answer is yes! But be prepared for the aftermath, that's all I can say. I found that adding a 1/2 tsp. of Beneful to some juice for a few days will take care of the "problem". Benefiber is nice b/c there's no taste, so your little one won't suspect your deception! Good luck.