Monday, February 19, 2007

Movie Freaks

My husband and I are movie freaks lately. I guess you could say we're a little loserish. We used to belong to Neflix and we would watch like 2 to 3 movies a week. But, no, they weren't getting our movies fast enough to us, so we joined Blockbuster, so we could actually take a movie back and get a new one that day. So in the last five days, I watched The Departed, Hollywood Land, Half Nelson and Marie Antoinette. (I guess maybe we should get a life.) Anyway, The Departed and Half Nelson were amazing. The Departed was a great epic like movie, and Half Nelson was a great story as well, and Ryan Gosling was amazaing! It was such a better acting job than The Notebook. He played a heroin addict who teaches 8th grade, and he did such a great job that at times, I could feel the tension between him and the other characters. He is up for an Oscar and totally deserves it!
As for Marie Antoinette, Ifelt like it dragged in some parts, but over all it was pretty good. I was so into the movie, that afterwards I had to do a Google search of her to find out more! (Did I mention yet, that I think I need a life?) So, that was my movie filled weekend.
The weather here is supposed to be perfect all week, so I'm looking forward to spending some time outside, and maybe away from the TV. :). I found these sidewalk paints made by Crayola, that I think Little J and I are going to do this afternoon. I'll keep you posted on our masterpieces!

S #2

3 comments:

a. said...

I watched "Little Miss Sunshine" last weekend and yesterday I saw "The Departed". I enjoyed both very much. I wanted to see "Marie Antoinette" just for the costumes. Oh and I want to see "Infamous".

Some of these movies go in and out of the theater so fast I never have a chance to see them before they are out on DVD or whatever which is fine with me because "The Departed" was so darn long I had to pause it like 3-4 times to go to the bathroom!

Sisters with Style said...

Little Miss Sunshine was great and the costumes in MA were awesome. My husband actually fell asleep during The Departed--isn't that lame? :) He watched the rest the next night!

k e r r y said...

I've been looking for good movies to rent from Net Flix - currently I have Annapolis Mr won't watch it though because he read they couldn't film at the Academy and he thinks it will compromise the movie... he's picky!