Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Easy Recipe

Having two young kids of my own, dinner time around my house is CRAZY!!! I know that a lot of you know what I go through around here. Little N HAS to be held at this time of night and is extremely whinny!!!--I have no idea why and I hope we out grow this REALLY soon. Little J is constantly sneaking out the door so he can play outside. I run out the door with Little N on my hip, chasing Little J has he's laughing all the way up the street. All of this, while I'm trying to cook a decent meal for my family. It's very stressful and tiring. Needless to say, I try to cook meals that don't require many ingredients and/or a lot of prep time. I know there are probably a lot of other moms out there who need a delicious quick meal for dinner time, so here goes:

PORK AU POIVRE
  • 1 1/4 lb pork tenderloin
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 T black pepper
  • 2T Olive oil
  • 1/2 C low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 C dry red wine
  • Butterfly the tenderloin lengthwise--don't cut through. Spread the mustard and rub in pepper, pressing with flat of hand. Cut into 4 portions. In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook for 10 minutes, turn once. Transfer meat to a plate and tent with foil. To the pan--add chicken broth and wine over medium high, scraping up good bits. Go 8-10 mins until thick. Pour over meat, and season with salt. Serve immediately.

That's it! Extremely easy and really good. Who could ask for anything more?

1 comment:

tulipmom said...

This sounds delicious and it's low-carb-friendly. Thanks!