Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Need Your Help


My husband's cousin is graduating high school next month and I need help finding a gift for her. First of all, she has EVERYTHING a girl could want. Second, if she doens't already have it, she has the means and ways to get it. So, you see my problem. What do you get someone who has everything? I'm confused. I want to get her something that she will keep for a long time, and something that she will remember us by. She is going to college in the fall, and I think her choices are OU, SMU and Georgia--if this helps at all. What do you guys think? Cash, something monogrammed (but what? she isn't really all that "preppy"--more trendy), what???? I'm starting early because I don't want to wait until the last minute, you know? Any ideas are welcome!

12 comments:

jillskict said...

What about compiling a bunch of recipes in a unique way?

k e r r y said...

Every gal likes to open a blue box with a white bow - even if she can buy what she wants for herself! Maybe you can make even more special by popping it into a trendier handbag or weekend bag!

Anonymous said...

a sorority rec!lol, no, an outfit for rush.

hqm said...

I agree with Kerry! When in doubt the little blue box and I love the idea of sticking it in a bag she can use for books or weekends when she heads home!

melissa said...

My niece is graduating this May from college - she is getting a little something from Tiffany too.

mcc

CG said...

What about a nice set of luggage with her monogram on it and maybe add in some fun pieces like a monogrammed shoe bag and/or monogrammed cosmetics case. If she's going off to college, it would be something she would use alot. Just an idea.

Libby said...

I love Christy's idea, nothing better then showing up on the first day of college with a beautiful set of matching luggage. And, every time she packs for a new adventure, she'll think of you.

Anonymous said...

I really like Jon Hart personalized things. I guess it's getting kind of old, but I still love all of my stuff!

Unknown said...

How about a large longchamp bag for lugging books in college. I used my bag religiously in college. Nordstrom is also offering monogramming (in their stores!)

MMM said...

How about starting a vera bradley pattern for her if she doesn't already have one. Every college girl needs an overnight bag!

Anonymous said...

There was a book that i got for graduation that was a great, MEANINGFUL gift. It was a book by dr suess and i think its called "the places you'll go"...i think. But i really feel that you should get a girl with everything something simple but thoughtful.

Cloggsy said...

I agree with Kerry on the little blue box - all girls like little blue boxes!