Sunday, April 1, 2007

My Weekend in a Nutshell

Because I'm finding it awfully difficult lately to find a subject to blog about, I thought I would discuss my weekend. I'm sure most will find it pretty uneventful, but to me, it was kind of "action packed". Sad to say.
  • on Friday night I went to a wine tasting event with my two sisters and my parents. My parents bought the wine tasting at Little J's school auction. S#3 was in town from New York. Hubbies stayed at home with the children due to baby sitter issues we both had. It was pretty eventful....
  • Saturday I went to get a pedicure with S#1 and Bug #2. If you watch The Hills, I got the same color of polish that Lauren always has on her finger nails. Does this make me kind of sad and pathetic? In any event it was nice to sit in a chair without actually having to nurse someone or have to watch The Incredibles for the millionth time.
  • Sunday morning, went to brunch with S#3 before her flight back to New York this morning.
  • Sunday afternoon---Little N rolled over from back to front! Yeah Little N!
  • Sunday nap time--Little J thought he saw a "giant squid" in one of his books as I was reading to him. It wasn't, and I have no idea why he thought this or where on earth he has even heard or seen a giant squid.
  • Sunday, we went to a picnic with the kids. It was nice to let the kids run around, but I must say that the people there were kind of sketchy....so next time I will definitely have to try a new park.

So, there you have it. It sounds kind of lame, but trust me, my weekends are usually far more lame than this!

6 comments:

k e r r y said...

It's always fun to hear what other people on the weekends! So what color is this color? I don't watch that show. On a different note... do you live in OK?

Sisters with Style said...

Yes, we live in Oklahoma--we've lived here all our lives! The color is kind of a purpleish blackish color. Sounds really gothic I know, but I like it. I may look like I'm trying to be trendy with it, so I doubt I'll get it again.

k e r r y said...

My husband would like to move to OK... I've always lived in MD and it's hard to imagine living any where else. Do you love it?

Sisters with Style said...

Love it? Well, it's a great place to raise kids. It would be far different from MD that's for sure. What makes your husband want to move here? It's interesting b/c I've never heard someone say that they WANT to move to OK....espeically from a state like MD:)

k e r r y said...

He likes OK and TX... it's a cost of living, slower lifestyle thing. I've never been to OK but am not crazy about TX (I like it - but don't love it). OK is one place in the US he feels he could thrive in his business -- and with the cost of living being lower than MD he feels it would be a good move for the family. He's a dreamer too! Love him - but a dreamer! :)

Sisters with Style said...

There are really great places to live here that are really reasonable and easy on the wallet! Probably not as pretty as MD...