Friday, May 4, 2007

We've been tagged

OK--- we've been tagged by Tommiea. I'm (S#2) going to do the first four random things about us and then S#1 is going to do the last three. Here goes:

1) My high school basketball coach sent me and about 5 other teammates to my high school's student assistant program b/c she found our we were all going out and drinking on the weekends. She thought we were alcoholics. Seriously? She was really, really lame. We went to the counselor and he was totally cool and reassured us that none of us had a problem and that we were just being kids. We only had to go to two sessions. This was not the proudest moment in my parent's life, let me tell you.
My coach found out from another girl on the team who never went out and wasn't a part of our "group". I'm suspecting jealously played a part in her tattling. I'm still kind of mad at that girl. Anyway.......

2) My family is and has always been big University of Oklahoma fans. However, one would think that I would actually marry the same. Nope. My husband is a big Oklahoma State fan and so is his family. So on days they play each other, I can't talk to him and sometimes I make him leave the house.

3) S#1 and I used to fight A LOT when we were younger, particularly over clothes. Dumb, I know. One time we got in a huge fight and I picked up a large, fat candle and chunked it at her. It hit her square in the face, leaving a horrible mark. My parents weren't home so I begged and pleaded with her not to tell them. I was scared shit less! Surprisingly, she didn't tell. In fact she made up a story that she ran into the shower door. Nice. I was off the hook. I totally would have told on my ass! She was a lot nicer than I would have been. We just recently told my parents this story a couple of years ago.

4) I have a tattoo on my left shoulder blade. I hate it. I got it when I was 19 in New Orleans. It's a sun. I really liked it for about 3 years, and then I regretted getting it. It wouldn't be so bad if it was in a place I could hide. But any time I wear sleeveless shirts, it kind of pokes out. This is bad for formal occasions b/c most of the dresses are sleeveless. I bought some expensive make-up to cover it when I got married and I think it did the trick. Anyway, my nephew, when he was about 2 1/2, asked me what was on my shoulder and I told him it was a sticker.....really dumb explanation. Well, my 3 year old has asked me and I again reverted to the ole sticker explanation. I have no clue what to tell him when he's older......

S# 1' turn now:

1) As most of you know, my youngest son, who is 20 months old, has severe food allergies. He's mainly allergic to eggs, milk, and peanuts. We're pretty sure his allergy to milk and peanuts could be deadly. So, I have become an expert at reading food labels and administering Benadryl. I can't even feed him anything that has been processed on the same plant that processes tree nuts or peanuts. Needless to say it is extremely hard to find things for this kid to eat! I have no idea what we are going to do once he starts school---I'm hoping his allergies will become less severe. It's difficult to see his brother and sister eat ice cream b/c I know one day he's going to want it and he won't be able to have it!

2) I think I have a phobia of storms/tornadoes. I think it goes back to my childhood and whenever the sirens would sound we would run across the street to our neighbor's cellar. I don't know, but I always need to be right by a T.V. whenever I see the sky darken.

3) I'm crazy about property. I'm especially crazy about other people's property (remind you of a really bad 90's song?). Anyway, if there's an open house in our neighborhood you can bet I know about it, and that I'll be the first in line when the door opens. If I had more time--i.e. fewer children--I'd go to open houses all over the city. Here's the weird part: I'm not in the market. I just love looking at houses, inside and out, comparing little details with my own and mostly it's a good way to spend a weekend day in the neighborhood. Most of you probably noticed before, but there are no screaming children at open houses. So, in addition to looking at cool houses and getting ideas for my own, I get to relax without the background noise of my 3 little ones waging all out war. Now, before any of you get too quick to judge, I'll bet there's many a house lurker among us, and you know who you are. Just admit it. It's a really fun way to spend some much needed down time on the weekend.

OK those are things about us! We tag anyone who want to play!

8 comments:

hqm said...

That was fun to read!
Sister #1...I am so glad to hear that you and your sister used to fight...my girls are always fighting...you have given me hope!
Sister #2...I LOVE open houses, model homes, etc... I even climb through houses underconstruction at the beach. I'll climb scafolding, ladders, scale the unfinished porch, just to get in to take a look!
Someday I am sure my husband and I will be arrested for tresspassing!

Laurie Anne said...

Hi Sister #2,
I am also a die hard "lookyloo". I love open houses and always have. It is very difficult to pass an open house sign without at least driving by to check it out. At a recent open house on our street, the agent wasn't a "local" so I gave her a crash course on life in Browns Pt. :0)

tommie said...

sister #1- I graduated from OU in the '91....yikes, I am dating my self here! I loved it and would move back to Norman in a heartbeat.
sister #2- my neighborhood here is new, so the ones down the street are always doing open houses. I still go look at them and they are empty! I really love the parade of homes. Have you ever gone to the one in Edmond??

navybluegirl said...

Great blog! I love open houses too. Especially the ones I can't afford ;)

Libby said...

Sister # 1,
My little brother and I used to have horrid fights when we were young, I never threw a candle, but I do remember pelting him with My Little Ponies!

Sister # 2,
You're totally not alone with your love for real estate- I'm not in the market, just a total snoop!

Libby said...

(oops, I think I reversed the Sister #'s, sorry!)

Sisters with Style said...

Actually I have been to the Parade of Homes. I think they are coming up sometime this summer.

Sarahviz said...

Totally agree about the "house lurking" thing. I wish it was socially acceptable to ring someone's doorbell and ask them if you could just see the inside of their house!