Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July Update

Little J had such a great time on Fourth of July. He woke up and went to a parade at my in-laws' neighborhood and scored lots of candy. Nice. He came home and we tried with everything we had to give him a nap because we knew it was going to be a late night with fireworks and all. Nap did not work. After Little N woke from his nap we went to some friends house for swimming and cook out. Little J fell asleep on the way to the house, by the way. Who says he still doesn't need a nap?
After the swimming, Big H took Little J to Big H's grandparent's house where their neighborhood was having games, face painting, bouncy house etc. for the little ones. At 10:00 the fireworks started and Little J LOVED them. I stayed home with Little N, but from Big H said, I really wished I could have been there to see Little J's face. This was the first year he has seen fireworks and I'm sorry I missed the moment. There is always next year, I know. But to miss the first time he has every seen them--I don't know, I just wish I could have experienced the moment with him.
Big H and Little J did not get home until 11:30!!!! Little J did not get in bed until MIDNIGHT!! He slept in until 9:00, but still I don't think that was enough sleep for a three year old. He didn't even nap today. Normally he would've been a huge crank monster, but he really wasn't today for some reason. I'm sure he's saving it for tomorrow, but that's OK because mama and papa are coming to get him so he can stay the night with them. Big H and I are going to an art exhibition that my neighbor is showing. It's something different and I think it will be fun. All I need to do is find someone to watch Little N--I'm still working on that and it's 9:30 on Thursday night! The are exhibition is tomorrow.... Wish me luck.

6 comments:

tulipmom said...

Sounds like you all had a fabuous 4th.

I know what you mean about missing the moment. I felt that way last year on Halloween. We take turns each year trick-or-treating with Sweet Boy vs. staying home and passing out candy. Wouldn't you know that the first year Sweet Boy actually enjoys and "gets" trick-or-treating is the year it's Hubby's turn?! I swear the two of them left around 4:30 and an hour and a half later I was still wondering where the Hell they were. He just LOVED it!

Glad to hear Little J enjoyed the fireworks so much.

Have fun tonight!

tulipmom said...

p.s. Hope you found a sitter.

tommie said...

any luck on the sitter??

Libby said...

Oh, it sounds like you had a fabulous family fourth of July, what fun! (I hope you made it to the exhibition.)

CG said...

Sounds like you had a full day and lots of fun!

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

little J sounds like the future of my little J! Thanks for stoppig by my blog ad sharing the experiences of being a mom.