Saturday, July 14, 2007

Trip from Hell

Yesterday I went to Target for diapers. I took both kids--mistake number 1. I place Little N in the cart and proceed to the diaper area. Little N almost immediately begins to cry/whine. I hurry and purchase some Gerber puffy things to pacify him--Mistake number 2. Little J, noticing that Little N got something, begins to say that he wants something too. We end up in the toy section for, not kidding you, 15 minutes. He's telling me what he wants, I'm telling him that it's too expensive. He doesn't care. He wants the $25.00 transformer NOW!!!! He has no idea what this thing is. We have never seen the movie, never seen the cartoon and he has never played with the damn thing before in his life. So, why does he want it? Who the hell knows. People are looking at me now. Little N is getting restless. I'm getting impatient and I'm kind of starting to perspire a little more. I divert his attention to the cool pirate sword, which works. Well, as we are leaving the toy area, I notice that it's kind of hard and I really don't want to be hit with that thing nor the neighbor kids or Little N. I tell him we can't have it because it's too hard. He gets upset. We go back to the toy area, for about another 10 minutes. We finally end up with a blue light saber.--Mistake Number 3
At the check out Little J keeps ramming the shopping car with Little N in it into the cashier stand, laughing hysterically. Little N is scared and crying. The cashier is slow as shit. People are looking again. I'm tempted to leave the children at the check out stand. We finally pay. We are leaving and Little J is upset because he's not holding the light saber. I say you will get it in the car. He must have it NOW!!! I really want to hurt him. I don't give it to him in the car because he's not "using his normal voice." We get home and all hell has broken loose! What was supposed to be a simple freaking trip to Target for diapers ended up to be the trip from hell!
Oh, but as soon as Big H gets home both children turn on the charm and the hell stops. Why do they save this crap for just me?

7 comments:

tulipmom said...

Doesn't it just suck when they give us their worst because they know we'll still love them no matter what? Then "Fun Daddy" comes home and it's all smiles and sweetness.

Hope "Fun Daddy" gave you a break.

NY KAT said...

That sounds awful! I really don't know how I would have reacted in that situation!

tommie said...

tuplipmom said it best!


I give my little girl a toy to play with in the store, but tell the cashier not to ring it up! By the time we get home, she has forgotten about it....saves my sanity every time!

Head Hen said...

Wow. Bless you, Woman!

I do exactly what Tommiea does: it works like a charm! Mine actually expect this now and say "bye" to the item.

We talk about "borrowing" and taking turns with these items (and with movie rentals) so I just tell them that their "turn" is up and "wasn't that fun?"

Sisters with Style said...

Good idea guys! Thanks.

Sarahviz said...

That's why I try to never leave the house when I'm home with all 3 boyz!

Anonymous said...

You know what...tommiea has it right. My mom did that to us all the time...play with the toy all the way to the check out counter.
Tulipmom...yeah. Every time I head out with them kids, it's a nightmare.