Monday, July 2, 2007

What to blog, what to blog??

I am literally in a blogging slump. I have nothing to say. Either my life is very boring and/or I am very boring and not creative--AT ALL! I really hope it is neither.

Let me think--we've had 20 days of continuous rain here. Great. No swimming, no trips to the park, no walks around the block, a lot of TV, a lot of whinning, a lot of bitching. Yep, that pretty much sums up much of my weekend.

Oh, there is one thing that I guess I'll bore you with. Big H and I went to a lunch that his uncle bought at a charity auction. The lunch was at a rather big home. We pulled into the drive way and I swear I thought we pulled into a museum parking lot. The house was AMAZING. Who are these people? What do they do for a living? The master bathroom was bigger than my family room. No joke. They had a leather game table and chairs set up in there to do puzzles on! (there was a half finished puzzle on the table). Her closet was bigger than my bedroom. Ridiculous. There was a wine cellar with hundres of wine; a cabana bigger than my upstairs. The kitchen was every woman's dream! The decor was not quite my style, but if someone gave me the house with the furniture I sure would not complain.

The lunch. Let's see, we had pre-dinner cocktails. With lunch we had wine, and with desert we had champagne called Sophia. Quite possibley one of the best champagnes I ever had. One of the ladies there mentioned that she and some other women gave a friend a baby shower and the friend was going to the name the baby Sophia. Needless to say they served Sophia champagne at the shower. I thought that was a cute idea.
With all the drinking I did, I was a little light headed on the way home. I guess I had a little buzz. Hmm. Maybe my weekend wasn't so much of a bust after all.......

10 comments:

k e r r y said...

what did you wear to the lunch!??

tommie said...

how fun! I love to see how people decorate those mongo homes.

Sisters with Style said...

Kerry:
I wore a litte black dress I bought at Banana Republic over the weekend. I tried to find a picture of it onlin but I don't see it. Maybe they just have it in stores....

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

Hi- I would say your weekend sounds Fab!-

When I lived in DC it rained for 23 days straight- it was miserable-and did ot feel like Summer at all-

Hope you have some sunshine soon!

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

thanks for going on my blog- have you read the Shopaholic Series? If not you would love them... I can tell- you will laugh out loud and they are easy perfect Summer reads.

Libby said...

I love the Shopaholic series too- there was a new one out just a few months ago (Shopaholic & Baby) but it's best to start at the start with Confessions of a Shopaholic.

(ps: I go through blogging slumps all the time- neither you or your life is the least bit dull- it's just hard work to keep up!)

pps: The lunch sounds like *so much* fun!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Sounds like fun to me! I hope you get some better weather soon. That is no fun. Have a great 4th!

Emily said...

We've had a ton of rain too! Boo hiss! :( But, it does sound like you've made the best of it!

tulipmom said...

Sounds like a great time to me. It's always fun to see how people decorate when money is no object.

Have a wonderful 4th!

Libby said...

Have a wonderful holiday!