Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday night we had a date night. We got a "real" baby sitter to watch the boys. "Real", in that it wasn't one of our parents watching the kids. Lately the grandparents have been busy and I feel that the older they get the harder it is to watch two children. Whenever we come home, the house is messy, the grandparents are tired, and usually they don't follow our advise. So, this time we got a girl that used to be one of Little J's teachers and it worked perfectly! She had the kids to sleep at the times we told her to AND she picked up! Love it. The only thing about grandparents watching the kids is that they are free--which always a plus.
Anyway, we haven't been to a movie in ages so we went to see the new Harry Potter movie. I really liked it and I almost cried when Sirius (sp?) Black died. I don't know why. I don't even read the books, but since I get into the movies so much, I think I'm going to have to start reading them. Plus, it would be nice to have them on hand for when the boys are older.
Saturday we really didn't do a whole lot. I got a haircut and I always feel good after a haircut. I also really like my hairdresser. He's funny and interesting to talk to, plus it was 2 hours without having to get someone a drink, snack, bottle, diaper or toilet paper! That evening, the family went to a new pizza place in town that is kind of in an artsy/hippie part of the city. They serve organic food, which is great b/c not too many places around here offer that. We ate outside and the food wasn't that bad.
Sunday nothing special happened. The highlight of my Sundays is when I get to watch Entourage--love that show and especially Kevin Dillon.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Oh, Little N is now officially a crawler!

6 comments:

tulipmom said...

Yay for Date Nights! It's always a bonus to come home and find that the sitter did what you wanted and cleaned up afterward.

Mrs. Preschool said...

Going to the hair dresser is lie going on a mini vacation. I hate to admit it, but I always go in hoping that the stylist doesn't want to talk. I just want to go in, read a trashy magazine (my mag of choice would be US or In Touch Weekly - just so I don't have to thin about anything)and kick back. Love that!

Libby said...

Entourage is a highlight of my Sundays too! How funny was the Loyd story this week, I love that Ari couldn't live five seconds without him.

Getting a haircut is such a wonderful feeling, I'm way over-due. I've been thinking about going short- a la Katie Holmes most recent look... don't tell hubby. :)

Sisters with Style said...

Libby:
Entourage was great this week.
Funny you should mention going short like Katie Holmes, b/c that is kind of what I did too! Wow, great minds think a like, huh?

NY KAT said...

I LOVE Entourage!!!!

I also LOVE going to the hairdresser, I love being pampered!

tommie said...

love date nights....one of the things I miss the most.

My cousin owns a salon on North May. I still go to him when I make the drive home.