Monday, June 25, 2007

Fun Sites

I was reading the paper the other morning and noticed an article on fun internet web sites. Thought I would pass along.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/ This one is interesting in that you can type in how much you earn in a year and it compares it to the rest of the world. You will definitley be able to see just how well off you actually are compared to other nations.

http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/ Here's a site for everyone who is on a health kick.

http://www.findyourspot.com/ This site asks questions about your prefereances on lifestyle, like weather, arts, lesisure, etc. Based on your answers it lists the cities that most fit your choices. My cities listed were Balitimore, Portland, Chicago, Eugene, OR., Fayetville, AR., and actually multiple cities in the North East popped up that I've never heard of. I'm so living in the wrong neck of the woods!

Have fun!

16 comments:

tulipmom said...

Thanks for the fun links. Findyourspot listed a number of cities in my neighboring state of Virginia (funny since we debated between MD and VA for quite awhile) and ... get this ... listed Reading, PA as one of the best places for me. Reading is 30 minutes from where I grew up and also where I got married.

Sisters with Style said...

Sounds like Findyourspot knows you pretty well!

Sarahviz said...

Loved the links! Two of the top 5 cities picked for me were two I actually lived in (Charlotte, NC and Charleston, SC)before we moved back to New England. Funny!

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

I needed the calorie counting one big time- am still trying to loose a bit more baby weight.

Thanks.

Meg said...

how fun! I'm going to try all of these right now.

k e r r y said...

My husband and I did the find your spot quiz and I made him do it over and over again until we matched up! I hated that they had me happiest in NC and him in UT!

Meg said...

I'm back. Looks like I'm meant to be a California girl. San Diego was at the top of the list, Orange County was #2. Honolulu was #4!

Delaney Gates said...

Interesting! Fayetteville is ten minutes away from me! :)

tommie said...

okay, I have to go do this...I know I am not meant to live in this town forever!

tommie said...

That was uncanny...my first choice was Fort Collins, CO...we have family that live there and LOVE it there. I could totally see myself living there.

Another place was Overland Park KS...when we lived in KS, we loved that area.

Stange I tell ya!

Libby said...

These are fun! I took one once about where I ought to practice law- I got Baltimore and Austin- apparently I'm not money-hungry enough to stay in Boston. If I can find the link I'll send it too you.

hqm said...

Fun... thanks, for the calorie counter...looks like I should lay off the rice!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Fun! Thanks for posting.

Head Hen said...

I've used the calorie counting website before and always take heart in finding out that some of the things I woof down aren't as BAD as I thought! :)

CG said...

I love finding new interesting sites..thanks for passing those along. Now I'm going to go check them out.

NY KAT said...

I live just north of Fayetteville! it really is an awesome place!