Thursday, June 7, 2007

Mother's Day Out and Other Stuff

Little N started Mother's Day Out on Tuesday and his first day was not all that good. First of all he's 8 months old in a room with toddlers around 12-15 months old. So, he's sitting there with toddlers walking around him. I'm sure they will want to push/hit him, which isn't their fault, they're toddlers. I don't know why he has to be in this room. Kind of concerns me but what are you going to do? Anyway, I write down his nap and bottle schedule for his teacher and tell her to just lay him in the crib come nap time and he'll fall asleep. She nods like she understands everything I'm telling her. I see the blank look on her face and realize she has no clue.

I come to pick him up and he only took 2 naps for 35 mintues each! Needless to say, he was exhausted. One teacher commented that Little N sure does have some lungs on him. I asked if he cried a lot and she said only when he was tired and hungry. Well, no shit. Duh?

Yesterday was much better. He took two naps and one was for an hour and a half. They said he seemed a lot more happy than the day before. That's always nice to hear. However, he doesn't go back until next Tuesday so we'll probably have to start from scratch again! Oh, well.

I go back to work next Tuesday--BOOOOO! But, I'm only working part-time and will be in the office only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and I'll work the rest from home. Not a bad gig for an attorney.

I told book club that I would bring some fruit and dip to next week's meeting. I have no idea why I said this--I have no recipe! Dumb, I know. So, if you guys have any ideas please send along!

S#2

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sauce for fruit salad from the Paula Deen and Friends book is very good. I used that for a tea last year.

Also, Barefoot's raspberry sauce is good.

SLC said...

Childcare situations are SO stressful. I'm definitely familiar with that.

Super yummy & easy fruit dip:
1 jar Marshmellow Floff
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese (room temp.)
1/2 container of cool whip

Beat together fluff & cream cheese, then stir in cool whip.

tommie said...

I just picked up a fruit centerpiece from Edible Arrangements for my little boy's birthday celebration at school...(all kinds of random rules against cupcakes and cookies there)....take a look at their website. It I wasn't so short on time I am sure it would be easy to do one of these. Great presentation. They did have some with a dipping chocolate as well, but we couldn't take that one to his preschool.

Sisters with Style said...

Tommiea,
Little J's school in the fall is like that as well. You must go to a Montessori type school...

Libby said...

That's a great gig for an attorney, can I please be you when I grow up!?

I've made a dip that's a lot like the one SLC posted, hers sounds like something I could eat by the spoon-full!

tulipmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My recipe for fruit and dip: Go to Publix and buy fruit and dip. Easy and yummy!! You can even dump it into your own containers and pretend you made it!

I love your blog, I feel for you on the childcare thing. Big kids suck.

tulipmom said...

I'll be thinking of you next week and hoping everything goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to leave our little ones ANYWHERE, with ANYONE who isn't us. You're being great about it and your little one will probably learn lots of great stuff and have a wonderful time once he gets used to everything.

I want to know how you landed such a great attorney set up--working half time and part of the time from home? I'm an attorney and am desparately looking for something similar so I can spend most of my time with my kids.

Head Hen said...

Fruit Dip Recipe (from Body for Life so it's very healthy, too!)

Orange Vanilla Fruit Dip

1/2 c lowfat cottage cheese (small curd)
1/2 c light fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 tsp orange zest

Combine all in a blender until smooth.

This makes enough for one or two servings, so make as much as you think you'll need. Body For Life suggests strawberries for the fruit and they are great right now--big and juicy and not very expensive (at least in our neck of the woods).

I want to know, too how you got such a great work arrangment!

tommie said...

Yes, it is Montessori. We can't even send ketchup and ranch unless it is organic. As much as their rules are a bit wacky I love the program!

Sisters with Style said...

I have a really great boss and firm I work for. He's totally flexible and I'm very fortunate. I'm lucky. I mean, I don't get paid very much--even if I did work full time-so it's a give and take. We can even wear jeans to work, as long as we don't have court!