Tuesday, June 12, 2007

First Day

Today was my first day back to work in 9 months. It went pretty well. I emailed the partner yesterday and said there might be a chance I wouldn't be able to come in today due to the fact that Little N had an ear infection. I told him that I hope that wouldn't ruin any back to work parties he planned for me :). Well, Little N was feeling fine today so I dropped the kids off at Mother's Day Out and off to work I drove. It was kind of weird driving the route to work b/c I haven't driven it in so long. It was good to get back into the swing of things.
I arrived at work and was informed that we were having computer problems with one attorney's computer acutally crashing. So, the laptop I was supposed to use, she was now using. Her new computer was not up in running as of today, so I literally sat in my office without a computer for 5 HOURS!!!. I was bored. That's right bored. I walked around, talked to people, caught up on the gossip and want not. But not one pleading, memo or letter was drafted by me today.
Regardless of the fact that I had nothing to do, it was actually OK with me to be bored. Because I haven't been bored in 8 months!! It was nice to get up this morning and take a shower and put on nice clothes. I felt like I had a point this morning.
I'm hoping I have a computer tomorrow, b/c I felt odd being at work and doing nothing today! Well, I take that back, I did call a potential client and told him we weren't going to take his case. Whew! Hard work, let me tell ya!

6 comments:

tommie said...

What a great way to ease back into working!

I love eating lunch with the girls so I can wear something other than long shorts and a fun top.

tulipmom said...

I'm glad to hear you survived the first day back. I'm sure tomorrow will be more productive :).

CBM said...

Welcome back!
:)

Head Hen said...

That's why you get paid the big bucks. Grin.

Let's consider today a WELL DESERVED break!

Good Going, I hope tomorrow is action packed for you and lives up to your expectations.

Anonymous said...

It is kindof nice to wear real clothes, and have real conversation. Did you get to eat lunch out?
Small thrills.
I'm sure you were missed.

k e r r y said...

Congratualtions - so it felt good to be back to work? Are you back full time? Good for you!