Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy (Missing) Father's Day

Our Father's Day started out as any other Father's Day. Big H received a free pass from me to play golf in the morning. His tee time was at 8:30, so I was thinking at the latest he would be home around 1:00 or so. But, later, as he found out, it started raining heavily, so his game was cancelled and he received a rain check. He called me around 11:30 and leaves a message to tell me as much, and to say he was going to go to lunch with his golf buddies. I return his call at 12:30 to let him know I got his message and he says they're having lunch, yada yada yada. Fine. No big deal. We have nothing for lunch around here anyway.
1:00 rolls around--no Big H.
2:00--still MIA
3:00 after being gone 71/2 hours, he comes strolling in the house. I was mad. I thought Father's Day was about being with your family, not with your friends. I tell him this. He says I'm "bitching". I ask him what he thinks Father's Day means and he skirts around the issue. I tell him, that I know for sure it isn't about hanging out with your friends (who are not yet fathers by the way) all damn day playing golden tees at a bar. I was HIGHLY annoyed!!
I mean, you have two little kids at home that want to honor you on your day, and judging from your actions, you would rather be with your friends. I don't think it was right.
I don't know. Did I blow it out of proportion?

S #2

6 comments:

a. said...

I am not married nor do I know you or your husband personally but I would be pissed!!!

k e r r y said...

I 100% agree with you! Father's Day is not about having a break from your children - it's about enjoying them!!

Libby said...

I would have been livid. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

I am on your side on this one. Would have totally been pissed. Especially if there was no answering of the cell phone. That is so annoying when Ed plays golf.

tommie said...

I agree...what did he say??

tulipmom said...

I would have been ready to blow a gasket!!