Friday, June 15, 2007

Second Day and other stuff

My second day of work was a tad more productive. I had my computer, but I still didn't do much, unless you count checking out my favorite blogs. I did take some work home that I plan on completing before I return on Tuesday. I've enjoyed the last couple of days at work and I think I really missed some of the people there. They are not in my usual circle of friends, so it's nice to bet out of my "bubble" and talk to different people.

Next week is going to be a little crazy. I have Bunko, a soccer party and then the next day we have a birthday party to attend. But, those are three days I won't have to make dinner, which is always a plus! Speaking of the birthday party, the invitation said "no gifts please." The party is for two little girls, but should I try to do something anyway? Any thoughts on this? Last year the invitation said the same thing and I made a donation to the Make a Wish Foundation in their name. Should I do the same thing?

5 comments:

SLC said...

I love your idea of making a contribution in their name. "No gifts" for two little girls' birthday party does seem a little odd, but I can understand it to a degree given how much "shtuff" my kids have. Sometimes the thought of accumulating more "shtuff" after a birthday party frustrates me. Someone I know mentioned to me a while back that after her kids' birthday party is over, she lets them pick out a few things (the good stuff) and donates the rest to the local children's hospital. That's kind of nice in a way, but as one of the gift givers it made me really uncomfortable and thought it was kind of rude for her to say that to me.

Libby said...

I think making a donation was, and is, a lovely idea.

Hey, your fist back-to-work-week is done, congrats!

tommie said...

We have done a card along with an invitation to a "girl's lunch" or something when we have seen that on an invitation.

A few weeks after the party we go get a muffin or icecream cone or something with the birthday girl and my child. Kind of some fun time but doesn't break the parent's rule of "no gifts".

the thing around here has been to wait until every one leaves to open the presents.

How nice to have a three day break before going back again....

Head Hen said...

Making a contribution in their names is a lovely idea. A great organization is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Enjoy the busy week!

k e r r y said...

I think that's a wonderdful idea - are there any local charities? Or do you all belong to the same church? My husband would love for me to do that for my kid's parties.. I have not figured out how to do it though... I am afraid I set the standard and it might be hard to break!